Bottom

New site admin, no keymaster role

• rock714
    Participant

@rock714

http://www.t-34.com
    bbPress Version 2.5.14
    WordPress 4.8.9 running Sahifa theme.

I just recently took over admin and cleanup of the above site. My role is Administrator, Participant in WP. I am not able to delete some forums that have aged quite a bit and have no activity. When I try to access the forums for administrative cleanup I get the following message:

“Sorry, you are not allowed to edit posts in this post type.”

I noted that the previous admin has Administrator, Keymaster role. I have searched through every menu, plugin and widget possible but the option of Keymaster does not seem to exist anywhere so I cannot promote myself to Keymaster.

I have tried to use the change forum role but the only options are Moderator, Participant, Spectator and Blocked. I also created a new user with Administrator role, then edited the user but the only options under forum role are Moderator, Participant, Spectator and Blocked.

Kinda stuck here. Any suggestions?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

yep, that’s a wordpress standard which bbpress also obeys- you can’t change your own privileges !!

so create a temporary admin account with administrator privilege, and log in as that temporary account – then go into

dashboard>users>edit users>’your old account name’ and edit, and near the bottom you will see that you can change yourself to keymaster.

Once saved, you can then delete the temporary admin account

🙂

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, just re-read your post, and that may not fix it – I suspect there is some code somewhere that is blocking setting of keymasters.

rock714
    Participant

@rock714

Robin,

Thanks, as you noted I did try to create a temp admin account but no luck. Anyone else have any ideas?

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, something has removed the keymaster role.

what plugins are you running ?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar