Bottom

Needs approval after editing comment

• fl3xtra
    Participant

@fl3xtra

Hi all

I have two issues. First is that the area
    Allow users to edit their content for xx minutes after posting
    If checked, setting to “0 minutes” allows editing forever.

I can’t change it to 0. Default keeps going to 5 minutes.

Secondly if a reply has been edited, I have to manually approve it. Is there a way to disable that so it automatically approves?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

the first is a bug, set it to 525600 which is a year – if you’re still editing after that time, then maybe a fresh answer is needed !

Secondly if a reply has been edited…. is this every reply every time ?

fl3xtra
    Participant

@fl3xtra

Excellent. Fixed.

Second: It looks like if they try to edit it more than once? I’ll do some tests today to get an exact answer.

wleanadev
    Participant

@wleanadev

I am having exactly the same issue, I set the minute number to be 9999, which should be more than enough. When tested, the edit still requires approval! First time edit, and second time edit had the same issue.

Robin W

@robin-w

@wleanadev old site/new site, just started happening/always happened, some users/all users, every post/some posts

wleanadev
    Participant

@wleanadev

Hi!
    It is not a new site (been active for a few years), but I just started to use bbpress and experienced this. It happened to all users (including moderators that I assigned), and it seems to happen all the time consistently. Whenever they edit their posts, it appears “pending approval” and I had to approve their edit. Setting the minutes value doesn’t make any difference. Thank you!

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, can you check your moderation settings

dashboard>settings>discussion and look at the moderation part – most commonly it is because the post breaks the no. links rule

wleanadev
    Participant

@wleanadev

Thank you, but I don’t have “discussion” submenu under “settings”… can you advice on exactly where the no-link rule is ?

Robin W

@robin-w

dashboard>settings>discussion is a default wordpress option, so if you don’t have this, then something is wrong outside of bbpress !!

it could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users

Health Check & Troubleshooting

Then come back

wleanadev
    Participant

@wleanadev

ok I will have to do it tonight and will let you know , thank you!

Robin W

@robin-w

no problem, it is already night here in the UK 🙂

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar