Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Need Migration Help

• timsilva_
    Participant

@timsilva_

I’m looking to hire someone with experience in migrating data into bbPress (BuddyPress as well). I got most of the data working from the standard forum importer that comes with bbPress, but that porter doesn’t support everything that I had in my SMF forum. Technically, the bbPress software, being lean, simply doesn’t have these features. Here is what I want to import manually:

1.) Private messages (into BuddyPress’s messages)
    2.) Signatures (into GD bbPress Tools)
    3.) Thread view counts (via this custom method)
    4.) Avatars
    5.) Stickied topics
    6.) Deleted usernames (Posts from users on SMF who deleted their own accounts all get bucketed into a single account)

If anyone can help with any or all of these, let me know. I can simply migrate without these manual bits if necessary, but I at least want to try to save the data.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• timsilva_
    Participant

@timsilva_

Hi there, I’m still curious if there’s anyone on here with manual MySQL migration skills. References to someone you know would be helpful too. Otherwise, does anyone know of any good places to find WP specialized backend devs who freelance?

My budget is $5k.

Thanks! 🙂
    Tim

If you are looking for paid help, you can always try to post it on http://jobs.wordpress.net/
    Pascal.

timsilva_
    Participant

@timsilva_

Thanks for the suggestion Pascal!

I didn’t realize that page was for any and all jobs (I assumed it was jobs for Automattic). I will definitely give that a shot.

Cheers. 🙂

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar