Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Need Larger fonts and darker

• skyloft
    Participant

@skyloft

Hello, I am not developer or software guy but I managed to get pretty far with my new project website

I would like to make the bbpress forum fonts larger and darker and figure out why the search is not working.

I searched some of the solutions but I think the solutions are beyond me so am looking to pay someone (bbpress expert) to make my forum look awesome.

I would prefer to do this outside of this forum. Can you private message me…or do I need to put my email address in a follow up post?

Thanks,
    Mike McGovern
    San Diego, CA

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

skyloft
    Participant

@skyloft

Thank you! I will try it out:)

skyloft
    Participant

@skyloft

Works great!! Thank you. I made a donation

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you are fixed, and thanks for your kind donation 🙂 🙂

skyloft
    Participant

@skyloft

Hi Robin, you are welcome. Any idea why my Forum search is not working? No matter what search term enter, it comes up with one result which is a Blog posting…very strange.

danbrown24
    Participant

@danbrown24

Wow, thanks for the plugin!

Tommy
    Participant

@tomasland

Hi there. I have been looking for a new plugin and this one is great. Thanks.

karlwinn1
    Participant

@karlwinn1

Hi, please visit this site. https://www.csshero.org/customize-enhance-bbpress-forum-easily/
    I hope it can help you.

Tamie
    Participant

@tamierp

I have this same issue. I can see that this has been a problem for many, many years and has not been fixed. Why isn’t bbpress not picking up the size from the wptheme? It makes no sense that everything else on the website has normal font size and the forum is miniature.

This seems like an easy fix for a developer but is a real pain for people trying to figure out how all of this works, but no one seems to want to bother fixing it.

If we have to add CSS, then we have to add a child theme. I am using Astra and a templet. I have no idea where to get a child theme for that. And for something like this, should we really have to? And I really am not familiar with CSS.

I beg you, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix this. This stuff is hard enough for us newbies.

Robin W

@robin-w

This seems like an easy fix for a developer

Unfortunately not – bpress plays well with many themes, but lots of themes do their own thing, and there is no way bbpress can work out what every theme is doing with fonts. bbpress adheres to wordpress standards and conventions.

Open foundation software is free, but it replies on people adhering to conventions that can constrict a plugin or theme author, or they are ignorant of, as many of the ‘rules’ are unwritten.

I wrote style pack to help where themes do not work well with bbpress, but even then, some decide to copy css from bbpress and these then overwrite style pack.

I feel your pain, but not an easy one to fix 🙁

Tamie
    Participant

@tamierp

OK Astra does not have a child theme. Now what? And what code do I use to fix this flaw?

https://www.theshrinkingwoman.com/tswforums/

Robin W

@robin-w

so have you tried bbp-style-pack?

Tamie
    Participant

@tamierp

Oh boy. I don’t know what to do. I’m working on this site for a friend and she wants a forum. There will be older ladies using this site, and there is no way they will be able to read the tiny font. If she had money to spend, I would see if BuddyBoss worked better. I put that on one of my sites. I’ve had some issues with font control, but I was able to play around with different fonts and weights within their dashboard to come up with something readable. And that’s with their own theme. But the forum section really had no issues, just some feed parts.

Robin W

@robin-w

so did you try style-pack ?

bbp style pack

Tamie
    Participant

@tamierp

Thank you I just installed it. I have to figure it out to find the font controling part.

It’s funny. People say WordPress is “really easy,” either I am an idiot or it is not that easy. I’ve been trying to teach myself for some time and I’m still a novice. I suppose if all you want is a home, about, and gallery page it is simple, but once you start adding plugins, things get crazy.

Tamie
    Participant

@tamierp

I cannot find anything about how to correct the font. Can you help me find it?

Robin W

@robin-w

typically will be

dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>forums index styling and topics index styling

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar