Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

need help with integration of bbpress to workpress

• jason102178
    Participant

@jason102178

I was wondering if someone can tell me what i am doing is even possible .. i have watched video after video and most people are showing how to integrate bbpress with wordpress via localhost and not showing a deminstration with a live website….

I have spent the past week trying to figure this out and nothing is working….

these are the steps i have takin to do this

1. downloaded and installed wordpress.

2.install bbpress in the root directory of wordpress

1. Gave my WP url which looks like this http://example.com/blog

2. Gave my WP blog url http://example.com/blog

3. inseerted the secret keys into bbpress installation

it says everything had gone well and it finished installation

i dont usually like asking for help when it should be so simple… unless im missing a key piece or am doing it wrong…..

my problem was that when i went to the forum side i went to example.com/blog/forum

it showed the main page just fine then it said it logged me in then i click on admin and instead of taking me to the admin panel like it should have

it keeps trying to send me somewhere else for some reason it says blog/forum.blog/forum

so the address it keeps sending me to when i click on admin is example.com/blog/forum/blog/forum

it does it twice and i can not figure out why i have folled these tutorials to the T with no luck

i even thought that i might try it this way input in the field that my blog was at example.com to see if that fixed it even tho my blog is at example.com.blog i dont know if it allows for this or not so if someone can get back to me i would appreciate it so i dont have to keep racking my brain lol…

so if someone can put things into lamen terms to where i can understand im really not that techy

Thanks in advance

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• jason102178
    Participant

@jason102178

Just an update to who ever reads this…. im not going to mess around with bbpress anymore…. if an application is this finiky and wont install properly and do what its suppose to then i do not want anything to do with it…..

I have installed hundreded of different php applications …. so either i am just dumb and dont know what i am doing or this doesnt work properly…..

i also dont want to sit around waiting a week for someone to reply like most people been doing….

I will stick with my wordpress and my phpbb both of them installed and works perfectly…

I even went the extra step and installed it in the root of my site instead of in the root of wordpress installation

so my url should of looked like this example.com/forum and after installation it still went to exmaple.com/forum/forum and said page can not be found and it does the same thing with the admin panel….

and this time i skipped the wordpress installation just to see if i could get the forum working by its self first with its own mysql database….

with no luck after a week and spending all day trying to get it to work properly i just give up…..

i would not recomment bbpress to anyone who wants an easy installation and a smooth process because its anything but that….

Have fun with this crap…

bye

jason102178
    Participant

@jason102178

Just an update to who ever reads this…. im not going to mess around with bbpress anymore…. if an application is this finiky and wont install properly and do what its suppose to then i do not want anything to do with it…..

I have installed hundreded of different php applications …. so either i am just dumb and dont know what i am doing or this doesnt work properly…..

i also dont want to sit around waiting a week for someone to reply like most people been doing….

I will stick with my wordpress and my phpbb both of them installed and works perfectly…

I even went the extra step and installed it in the root of my site instead of in the root of wordpress installation

so my url should of looked like this example.com/forum and after installation it still went to exmaple.com/forum/forum and said page can not be found and it does the same thing with the admin panel….

and this time i skipped the wordpress installation just to see if i could get the forum working by its self first with its own mysql database….

with no luck after a week and spending all day trying to get it to work properly i just give up…..

i would not recomment bbpress to anyone who wants an easy installation and a smooth process because its anything but that….

Have fun with this crap…

bye

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar