Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Need for hierarchy when not using standard forum style?

• Chad R. Schulz
    Participant

@chadschulz

I’m building what while be a discussion board style website. I will embed a single forum through a shortcode in each/every post.

This will allow standard WordPress navigation and give each forum its own post/page.

I will not allow users access to any part of the natural bbpress forum hierarchy (categories/forums/subforums/etc.) and will use redirects to ensure that all requests for specific forums end up on the appropriate post/page that uses the embedded shortcode.

My question: Without the need to query numerous (potentially hundreds) of individual forums through traditional forum navigation, do I still need to spread the forums out among multiple categories/sub-categories when building the forums on the backend.

Remember, no user will ever need, nor get, access to the forum hierarchy/structure. ALL forums links will redirect to the appropriate post.

Having to create a needlessly complex hierarchy/structure is daunting and would make a mess for moderators to dig through.

Just curious. Appreciate any guidance in this matter.

Thanks,
    Chad Schulz

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

no a single flat structure of hundreds of forums would be fine, the only reason I can see for nesting them would from an admin perspective, and you seem to already appreciate that aspect and are happy with it.

Chad R. Schulz
    Participant

@chadschulz

Very much appreciate the feedback.

Now comes the lovely task of building the structure and creating the individual forums:) The best part of web-site creation, the grind.

Thanks for a wonderful support network community.
    Chad

Robin W

@robin-w

you’re welcome

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar