Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Navigation

• Hi all!

I have a bbPress instalation at http://foro.inkframe.com

If you click the page number 2, everything fine, but, if you click in the number 1 or “Anterior”, the forum show page 2 again, like a F5. The only way for come back to the first page is clicking in the title.

I am not expert in bbPress theme development, but anyway I think that is not the problem, the only option I change, is the number of posts to 10, I am not sure, but, by default is 20. Thank you for your help :)

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Are you using the frontpage topics plugin?

https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/front-page-topics/

The plugin used to have the exact problem you mentioned, but the latest version of the plugin fixed it right up!

I checked if my forum had the same issue.

I noticed that if you’re on page 2, the link to the first page is like domain.com/?

Weird actually.

See if you’re getting the same problem, when you turn off url rewrite.

johnhiler, I am not using the plugin, I deactivate all plugins and the problem persist. Anyway, I have installed the plugin but without good results.

chandersbs, the problem is that if I am in page 2, the link to page 1 show me again the page 2.

I can’t found “turn off url rewrite”, can you help me?

Thank you for your help :)

– –

The problem was the permalink, if the first option (Nothing) is activated everything ok. Can I repair this? I really like the last option :(

Jmm, now I have 3 pages (5 posts per page), the link to page 1 show me the page where I am. If I am in page 3, link to page 1 show me the page 3, again. If I am in page 2, link to page 1 show me the page 2.

I will install in local without plugins and I will see what happen.

– –

In localhost works good :S

I had this *exact* same problem, so I’m surprised to hear the plugin didn’t fix it!

After you activated the plugin, did you get a chance to make the following changes from the installation guide?

* ‘If you’d like to add pagination (page numbers) on the front page, simply add to your front-page.php template <div class=”nav”><?php front_page_pages(); ?></div> AFTER <?php endforeach; endif; // $topics ?> </table>’

* ‘If you use rewrite slugs you MUST add the following rule to your .htaccess file RewriteRule ^page/([0-9]+)/?$ /forums/?page=$1 [L,QSA] anywhere before </IfModule> where /forums/ is the path to your bbpress install.’

https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/front-page-topics/installation/

johnhiler, you’re right!

Sorry, but I have not read.

I have commented this line too, after add the <div>:

<?php bb_latest_topics_pages( array( ‘before’ => ‘<div class=”nav”>’, ‘after’ => ‘</div>’ ) ); ?>

Thank you, again.

A last question, (I’m sorry if I should open a new thread for this): Do you know why in Tools options the checkboxes appear without check after save :S

I don’t know, maybe is just for me, but, in local I have the same problem too. Or maybe is in all instalations.

Glad it worked out. :-) That plugin was by _ck_, so you might want to send her a donation if you have the funds.

I’m not following your question about checkboxes and Tools/Options?

Glad it worked out. :-) That plugin was by _ck_, so you might want to send her a donation if you have the funds.

Yes, I will do. I have many plugins from _ck_ and is time to say thank you.

I’m not following your question about checkboxes and Tools/Options?

Look an image.

Before that, I was check the two first options, but, after save, the checkboxes appear without check. Mmh, I am not sure if you understand me :S

Ah got it. The checkboxes are a way for you to tell bbPress which stats to recount… once the recount is done, all checkboes are unchecked – so you can specify once again which stats you’d like to be counted next time.

If you have any more questions, please create a new thread and we’ll try to help you out there! :-)

johnhiler, thank you for all your help ;)

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar