Categories
Search
Bottom

Navigate to whole discussion via users "Replies created" link

• angslycke
    Participant

@angslycke

Hi!

I’m using bbPress 2.5.3 and BuddyPress 1.8.1 and loving it, however there’s something I miss.

When I visit a users profile in BuddyPress I can click to show that users started forum threads and his/hers replies in other threads. The replies page only lists the users replies and there’s no link to view the entire discussion. This makes it really difficult for another user to reply in that discussion.

Should this be a core feature to lower the threshold for additional replies in forum threads?

Thanks in advance!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Azinfiro
    Participant

@azinfiro

Actually, there is a link to the topic by default, in which case it’s the number in the top right corner of the reply.

Here on the bbPress support forum, it’s the time stamp to the left of the reply, underneath the user’s profile information.

Linking to replies, posts, etc. like it’s done here is fairly common practice throughout the web, although not at all intuitive in my opinion.

angslycke
    Participant

@angslycke

Thanks for your reply! I hadn’t noticed that, thanks. Maybe it would be relatively easy to filter the link in the top right corner to say something more intuitive like “View reply”. Will look in to that.

Azinfiro
    Participant

@azinfiro

Okay, please post the solution here if you figure it out. 🙂

If you can’t get a filter to work, you can always look at customizing a template file or two if you don’t need it to work across different themes.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar