Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

My Ugly Website

• cephalo
    Participant

@cephalo

I’m brand new at this, so forgive me if this is obvious.

If you have a look at my first go at including a forum, you’ll see this very ugly ‘sub title’ area above the forum. Googling around seemed to indicate that the problem is with my theme, which is Customify. It says ‘Archives: Forums’ and ‘bbPress forums’ and it’s totally superfluous. I want to just take that out. What do I need to know to do this? Assume I know nothing.

http://dreamreasongames.com/forums/

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Barry
    Participant

@barryhughes-1

There are a few ways you might tackle this, but custom CSS is often a nice way to go, both because it’s “safer” than custom PHP and because you can easily tweak it to achieve a better fit. Plus, most themes make this really easy: simply navigate to Appearance ‣ Customize ‣ Additional CSS and add your code 🙂

/* Remove the titlebar area on forum archive pages */
    .bbpress.forum-archive #page-titlebar {
      display: none;
    }

/* Retain some whitespace for consistency with other pages */
    .bbpress.forum-archive #site-content {
      margin-top: 75px;
    }

In this case, perhaps some rules like I’ve listed above could be a nice starting point?

Robin W

@robin-w

you might want to do some further styling

bbp style pack

cephalo
    Participant

@cephalo

Thank you both! The CSS did the trick and yes, I would like to be a bit more stylish.

cephalo
    Participant

@cephalo

Things are looking much better (check the link again), but I am having trouble changing the color of the bbPress sidebar. I’m using the bbPress specific sidebar from ‘bbPress WP tweaks’ and it doesn’t seem very customizable.

CSS is still a bit mysterious to me, but it seems that I should be able to have a snippet that changes the background color for this particular widget.

cephalo
    Participant

@cephalo

I figured it out with this:

.sidebar-primary { background: #ffe6d1; }

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar