Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

My Template

• bbolman
    Participant

@bbolman

I’m working on porting the Tarski theme to bbPress. You can see it in actions here: proforums.palmansworld.com/forums/ Anyways. For some reason, I cannot get the header image and the welcome text and sign in box to match up. I’m wondering if anyone could take a quick look and see if they have any ideas to help me try to center the forum name and the login stuff inside of the header image. Any help is much appreciated.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Hi, I see a couple things.

You’ve made the div #header 800px wide, but the div #main below it is only 760px wide – they need to be the same if you want the header image as wide as the div below it. Also, the left and right margins should be auto to match the div below (handles screen resolutions down to 800×600 that way, and is centered on anything bigger.)

So, this in your div #header in the style.css:

margin: 0px auto;

width: 760px;

That makes the header graphic spots.gif as wide as the ‘table’ below it. If you want it to be as wide as the page, that’s something different altogether.

Since you removed the bbPress circle logo, you might also want to move the #header h1 over to the right a little bit:

right: 10px; instead of the 59px there now.

Hope that helps.

bbolman
    Participant

@bbolman

Thanks so much, that helped a ton, but I’m still having the small issue of needing to move the “Welcome, so-and-so” text a little to the right, or removing some of the space between that and the title, or stretching the image to fit that text. Any ideas?

Second question. How does one change the hover color for the topics and forums on the main page? Like when you go to click on a topic?

You mean the green background when hovering?

.notice {

border: 2px solid #4c9545;

background: #abd8a2;

color: #4c9545;

font-size: 1.1em;

font-weight: bold;

padding: 10px 15px;

margin: 0 0 1.1em;

}

Not sure though

bbolman
    Participant

@bbolman

I tried changing that but nothing happened…very odd.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

great

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar