Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

my-plugins and bb-plugins, why do we have 2?

• Recently, there is a standard plugin folder called bb-plugins. Why is that? What is the difference between this plugin folder and the good old my-plugins folder?

Can we delete this old one and put all plugins in teh bb-plugin folder? I would like to know this so I can keep my bbpress folder clean and not having X folders containing different plugins.

So why do we have 2 plugin folders and can we delete my-plugins?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• _ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

bb-plugins is for plugins that come with bbpress

It was created starting with 0.9 at my request to make akismet and bozo into plugins instead of automatically loaded with bbPress.

my-plugins is for your own plugins

Same concept with themes.

Hmm but putting my own plugins into bb-plugins will work just fine, so my-plugins is kinda a waste.

I understand why the bb-plugins is created, but i don’t see why these have to be saperated from the my-plugins folder. If there is no difference, why keep 2?

Or am I seeing this wrong?

Greetz

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

You’re seeing it wrong.

The core files of bbPress should never be touched so they can be easily upgraded whenever a new version or security fix comes around.

my-plugins and my-templates keeps all your stuff seperate from bbPress’s stuff on purpose for very good reason.

Don’t get crazy about one extra folder.

Ow okay, it just makes it confusion for some people having 2 folders having (almost) the same name.

Putting my stuff back into my-plugins then :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar