Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

my-plugins again

• During the installation, bbpress creates my-plugins and my-templates and bb-config.php.

Somehow it manages to get an apache service to do this and the permissions refuse anyone else to access those folders / file.

So plugins cannot be uploaded, and the folders cannot be opened/deleted etc.

Some of us are stuck with FrontPage extensions, so there is no .htaccess, and on a leased server there is no way of using su to get a chown.

Can anyone help?

It might be nice to try adding a plugin, but the folder is off limits.

This is the current version. I have tried removing what I could, and dumping the database tables. That allows a normal install. But the problem persists.

TIA!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • get a better host, i have never even heard of such a problem.

file permissions are ok but owner? err doesn’t make sense to me

get a better host, i have never even heard of such a problem.

file permissions are ok but owner? err doesn’t make sense to me

If it makes no sense to you, why post a reply?

Our server is on one of the largest corporate web hosts in the world, Peer One. They could resolve it, but professionally managed servers incur some fees when we have to have them go in.

Somebody must have written the script to create the folders, and done so without the correct user auth. I see this has been discussed on this forum in regards to others’ plugins. It appears to be the same issue.

My thought was that I’m not alone in having this issue with the current install, so maybe it would make sense to someone. Or perhaps they already wrote an uninstall script for it to test on a clean server.

Apparently many users had old copies of bbPress required manual creation of those folders. Thus, when installing a new version, the problem would not manifest itself.

TIA

-Brian

If it makes no sense to you, why post a reply?

Our server is on one of the largest corporate web hosts in the world, Peer One. They could resolve it, but professionally managed servers incur some fees when we have to have them go in.

Somebody must have written the script to create the folders, and done so without the correct user auth. I see this has been discussed on this forum in regards to others’ plugins. It appears to be the same issue.

My thought was that I’m not alone in having this issue with the current install, so maybe it would make sense to someone. Or perhaps they already wrote an uninstall script for it to test on a clean server.

Apparently many users had old copies of bbPress required manual creation of those folders. Thus, when installing a new version, the problem would not manifest itself.

TIA

-Brian

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

are you able to change permissions on those directories at all?

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

are you able to change permissions on those directories at all?

@bbailie

Don’t act like a loser. Your frustration is not supposed to come out when you are asking for free help.

People helping you here are not supposed to help you, they are just willing to offer help.

Regarding your host, you must have some sort of control panel from where you can fix things.

And if you are that much worried about their charges, why are you with them?

Get some life.

I hope you get your problem solved.

Good luck!

@bbailie

Don’t act like a loser. Your frustration is not supposed to come out when you are asking for free help.

People helping you here are not supposed to help you, they are just willing to offer help.

Regarding your host, you must have some sort of control panel from where you can fix things.

And if you are that much worried about their charges, why are you with them?

Get some life.

I hope you get your problem solved.

Good luck!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar