Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

My Keymaster/Admin Cannot Create Forums

• Kelly
    Participant

@kastyles

I cant make a forum with my admin account. I did some Googling… Found old info and dont understand some of it…. I created another user with a Keymaster and still cant make forums.

I added bbPress/BuddyPress to my current theme.

This is my site http://kastyles.co

These are the only other plugins running.

Comment Reply Notification
    Contact Form 7
    Instagram Feed
    MailChimp for WordPress
    ThemeREX Utilities-Needed for my theme
    WP-SpamShield

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Having created a 2nd keymaster user this sounds like a plugin conflict, follwo the steps here to see if you can narrow down which plugin is causing the conflict

https://codex.bbpress.org/getting-started/troubleshooting/#plugins

Kelly
    Participant

@kastyles

It was my spam plugin…

I shut all down but that one, go figure thats the one.

Thanks for the reply. 🙂

Awesome, I just pinged them on Twitter 🙂

I just posted a response, but it was deleted twice. I’ll see if I can get this to post again.

Hi there Kelly,

I’m the developer of WP-SpamShield. I’m sorry to hear about the issue you’re having and I’ll be happy to help.

That sounds like you have a some type of conflict that is more specific to your site setup or configuration. We have a lot of users on bbPress, and most are having no issues. (We do a lot of testing to ensure compatibility.) So, there shouldn’t be any generalized conflicts with bbPress.

We have put together some excellent troubleshooting options for our plugin users, including FAQs, a Troubleshooting Guide, Known Conflicts page, and Support Request page. Each of these are linked from the plugin’s settings page in the WordPress admin. Please take a few moments to work through the FAQs and Troubleshooting Guide as these solve over 90% of the issues users bring to us.

If the information provided doesn’t solve the issue for you, we’ll need a bit more info from you on the specifics, and we’ll need to email back and forth, so please head over to the WP-SpamShield Support Form, and take a moment to fill out a support request. That will allow us to help you diagnose this, find out what the real issue is, and get things working right for you.

– Scott

Hi there Kelly,

I’m the developer of WP-SpamShield. I’m sorry to hear about the issue you’re having and I’ll be happy to help.

That sounds like you have a some type of conflict that is more specific to your site setup or configuration. We have a lot of users on bbPress, and most are having no issues. (We do a lot of testing to ensure compatibility.) So, there shouldn’t be any generalized conflicts with bbPress.

We have put together some excellent troubleshooting options for our plugin users, including FAQs, a Troubleshooting Guide, Known Conflicts page, and Support Request page.

Please take a few minutes to work through the Troubleshooting Guide and FAQs, as these solve over 90% of issues users have.

One of the things that the Troubleshooting Guide and FAQs will ask you to do is turn on logging. When logging is enabled, anything the plugin blocks will be logged. If you feel that there is a conflict, and something is being blocked that shouldn’t be, you can test it out after you enable logging. If it doesn’t show up in the log, then that tells you that something other than the plugin is blocking it.

If the information provided doesn’t solve the issue for you, we’ll need a bit more info from you on the specifics, and we’ll need to email back and forth, so please head over to the WP-SpamShield Support Form, and take a moment to fill out a support request. That will allow us to help you diagnose this, find out what the real issue is, and get things working right for you. (If the issue does by chance turn out to be a bug in the plugin, we always try to fix those within 24 hours, and get a new version out with the fix.)

– Scott

Please note that the WP-SpamShield Support page is our main support venue, not the WordPress or bbPress forums here, so that will always be the best way to get a quick response and resolve any tech support issues.

^ Looks like my original response eventually got accepted/moderated.

Kelly
    Participant

@kastyles

Hi, thanks for reaching out.

I may be conflicting with something in my theme but as soon as I shut it down everything worked. The plugins Im using are listed above and using this theme. http://themeforest.net/item/mariana-handmade-blog-shop/12515663

This is not the first time I had issues with your plugin, I did with another theme as well. I actually blogged about it. 🙂 I still recommend the plugin, when it worked, it worked well, its a spam animal!

Right now Im just testing the forums on my site, they are not live, I have the plugin reactivated. I get crazy spam! ha ha I need it.

When I get ready to really roll I can reach out as the plugin is working fine otherwise.

Hi Kelly,

You’re very welcome. 🙂 We want you to have a flawless experience.

Definitely reach out to us. We can resolve almost any issue users bring to us. Much of the time, there is something hiding under the hood – some undiagnosed PHP issue – that is causing the problem. If there is a repeat issue like that with themes, we’ve found that those are usually more a symptom of the underlying issue.

We’ve got a very precise and in-depth diagnostic process to find out what the exact issue is, and help fix all that. Most users are surprised to find that the issue wasn’t where they thought it was. 🙂

Whenever you’re ready to reach out, let us know, and we’ll help you get things running perfectly. And if there ends up being an issue or compatibility conflict with the plugin, we will of course fix that. 🙂

– Scott

gdelle
    Participant

@gdelle

Thank you so much, Im all the more happy to have you in my list of go to plugins post!! Im adding an update. 😀 You reaching out is excellent.

Also thanks to Stephen for Tweeting out! Excellent as well!

You’re very welcome. 🙂 Glad to help!

– Scott

Thanks for dropping by @redsand, great appreciated 🙂

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar