Categories
Search
Bottom

My categories links are redirecting to the forum sections

• Techknowledgic
    Participant

@techknowledgic

Hello

I have installed BBpress today and I am facing an issue which is my category links are being redirected automatically to the forums section.

here is my site http://www.muninsider.com if you click on news for example it is redirecting to the news section in the forums eventhough the news section in the menu is a category that has posts in it.

anyone can help me please?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

suspect that you have got

dashboard>settings>forums>forum root slug>forum prefix set to not show, so it is creating a duplicate

Techknowledgic
    Participant

@techknowledgic

How can I fix that?

Robin W

@robin-w

set it to show !

Techknowledgic
    Participant

@techknowledgic

I tried it and didn’t work. I tried with ticking and un ticking the option ” Prefix all forum content with the Forum Root slug (Recommended)” and nothing changed

Robin W

@robin-w

what is the slug set to?

Techknowledgic
    Participant

@techknowledgic

The “Forum Root” is “forums” and the “Prefix all forum content with the Forum Root slug (Recommended)” is checked.

I wish I can add a screenshot here but it doesn’t seem I can do that

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, not quite sure what is happening

1. are you using caching software? If so purge
    2. try dashboard>settings>permalinks and just click save – this will reset the links

if both those fail, then it could be a theme or plugin issue

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Then come back

Techknowledgic
    Participant

@techknowledgic

I figured out the issue in the permalinks. I wanted to remove the word “Category” from the links of the posts so I found an article in WordPress support forums that I have to write a dot “.” in the field
    Category base in the permalinks and it worked to remove the word category

but now I tried to remove the dot and the word category is back to the links but the issue of the bbpress is fixed. so the issue was with that “.”

How can I remove the word category from the links then without the dot?

Robin W

@robin-w

sorry not in my skill set !

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar