Categories
Search
Bottom

My bbPress forums have vanished from my website

• brains99
    Participant

@brains99

Hello,

My bbPress forums have simply vanished from my website. I have a website social theme installed. the BBpress forum plugin was there and I created some forums categories. It was working fine. I migrated the entire website to a new ‘sub domain’. The forums I created previously are still there, however the plugin itself has somehow been entirely removed from my CMS. I brought this to the theme designers who tried to diagnose the issue. They have no idea what happened and suggested I contact you.

Here are the forums I created with bbPress previously: https://social.thedragonscup.com/forums/

Can you please help? How can bbPress forums just vanish?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

so the plugin is not showing as either installed or active in

dashboard>plugins>installed plugins ?

brains99
    Participant

@brains99

The plugin bbPress is still shown in the plugins. However, it is NOT shown in the left CMS dashboard anywhere. It’s gone. So there is no way to add, edit, delete the forums. See here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1habLA7D1D4PqKdXbkdj8PSg098yuASRp/view?usp=sharing

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, I suspect that your role has lost keymaster rights.

go to

dashboard>users>all users and see if anyone has keymaster. If so get them to reset you to keymaster.

If no-one has, then install

bbp style pack

once activated go to

dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>bug fixes

and you will see the ability to set yourself up again.

Once done, you can decativate and delete the style pack plugin, or maybe use it’s great features 🙂

brains99
    Participant

@brains99

No idea what a keymaster is. No user shows any “keymaster” anywhere. i am the owner of the website and the admin of the CMS. There is no word ‘keymaster’ shown anywhere.

Robin W

@robin-w

with bbppress you have wordpress roles and bbpress roles.

since you are not seeing them, and given that you say the bbpress plugin is installed and ACTIVE, then you need to do the instructions above

brains99
    Participant

@brains99

That seemed to work. Thank you for you help and time.

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you are fixed 🙂

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar