Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

My bbpress forum SPAMMED and HACKED to the extreme!!!

• Hi,

I have just looked at my forum on my site and it has been spammed to hell, LOADS!!!

myweddingreviews.co.uk/forum

I have removed it from the main site. How has this happened and why?

And how do i prevent this for the future as this would 100% turn people away from the site, if it has not done already.

Hope you guys can advise! I might just remove the forum all together unless i know this can be prevented!

Cheers

Paul

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Ben L.

@nightgunner5

Did you have Akismet activated? If not, you should have. Unfortunately, there are a lot of less-than-honest people on the internet that would like nothing more than to use your forum as an advertisement for their less-than-honest websites.

Ben L.

@nightgunner5

Did you have Akismet activated? If not, you should have. Unfortunately, there are a lot of less-than-honest people on the internet that would like nothing more than to use your forum as an advertisement for their less-than-honest websites.

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Hacked means they injected javascript and such that was never meant to be posted by anyone.

Spammed is just malicious posts. If you are simply spammed, install askismet and a captcha plugin or my Human Test plugin.

Also, if you are running bbPress 1.0.2 make sure you upgrade to 1.0.3

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Hacked means they injected javascript and such that was never meant to be posted by anyone.

Spammed is just malicious posts. If you are simply spammed, install askismet and a captcha plugin or my Human Test plugin.

Also, if you are running bbPress 1.0.2 make sure you upgrade to 1.0.3

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar