Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Multiple replies being created

• Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

I just made a “reply” to one of my existing forum topics (you need to be registered). I only input it once and hit Submit. Why has it inserted the reply 9 times?!

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

so is this repeatable?

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

I have not tried again. Since I had to delete 8 posts.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, well you will need to try, can’t fix something that cannot be repeated.

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

Just tried – it only added 1 reply.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, it’s a computer they do weird things from time to time

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

I have to say that this issue, which never happened until recently, is very annoying. I get duplicate replies from me, duplicate replies from others. Frequently I have to delete duplicates.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, no one else is reporting this, and I cannot replicate this error.

This suggests it is site specific.

If you are happy that you are getting this on a reply from you where you have definitely only hit the submit button once, then I can only suggest you do the standard fault finding

it could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users

Health Check & Troubleshooting

Then come back

Otherwise maybe talk to your hosting provider about site speed

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

Hi
    I did get the host to speed the site up but I still have problems. It is so annoying because I never did in the past and was very happy with bbPress on my site.
    Take tonight for example, I added a reply to a forum post (a old chat from 2021) and it added my post 5 times! I had to delete 4 of them.
    Why would it do this?

Robin W

@robin-w

If the tests above proved nothing, then I can only suggest you have some form of corruption on either database or more likely software.

But can you confirm that this does not happen every time, and if so how often (eg 1 in 3 posts, 1 in 10, 1 in 100)?

Are you able to clone your site?

Robin W

@robin-w

oh have you run

1. dashboard>tools>repair tools
    2. Dashboard>settings>permalinks and just click save – this resets the permalinks

I am very doubtful that this will cure, but it is a good 2 things to eliminate

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar