Categories
Search
Bottom

Multiple Notifications

• pjohnstone
    Participant

@pjohnstone

Hi All,

I was wondering if you could help. I have an issue where I have two forums on my site. One for general members and one for directors. At the moment the directors get notifications to any topics added to the forum and I have done this by assigning the directors the Keymaster role and selecting the Keymaster role for notifications.

The issue is that the client also want general members to receive notifications, but they cannot see the directors notifications.

Is there anyway I can separate these two notifications out so that each forum user group can receive notifications?

Thanks

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Hi,
    If you are only talking about notifications for new topics into the forum (so not for new replies to a topic), then there is no need to give anybody the keymaster role ! People can just subscribe to a forum and will automatically get a notification when a new topic is created.

If you are admin of the site, feel free to check a tool I have created about 2 years ago called ‘bbP Manage Subscriptions’ where you can see and adapt who is subscribed to what. The tool will be improved with some bulk options, but if you don’t have hundreds of users, it might help to manually click and give or remove subscription.

Pascal.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar