Categories
Search
Bottom

Multiple Forums

• primarypanda
    Participant

@primarypanda

Hey!

I’m almost done with my online community. Everything works except one thing. I have a forum (bbpress), but would like a second page on my website with a completely different forum (for another purpose). Is this possible somehow? Can I perhaps install bbpress a second time, and if so, how do I do this? I don’t want the visitors to have to sign up again though! πŸ™‚

Best regards,
    Anton Ljungberg

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

depends

if you are just talking about having two forums, then if you want you use shortcodes

single forum [bbp-single-forum id=$forum_id] – Display a single forums topics. eg. [bbp-single-forum id=32]

and have

page 1

[bbp-single-forum id=32]

Page 2

[bbp-single-forum id=35]

primarypanda
    Participant

@primarypanda

Thank you for the quick reply! No, this is not quite what I want for two reasons. 1. The breadcrumbs doesn’t work as flawless anymore, and 2. I want the search function in both forums, but I don’t want it to find posts and topics from the other forum. So I basically want two completely different forum-“systems” with no interaction with each other.

Robin W

@robin-w

you should find this plugin will do that

https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbp-private-groups/

within the plugin set your users into two private groups, and allocate a forum/forums to each group.

Users will then be able to see and interact with only their forums inc. search.

primarypanda
    Participant

@primarypanda

But I want all users to be able to use both forums. One is for regular forum-use, and the other is for writing texts where people can comment and start discussions. So it’s two different features but for all members.

Robin W

@robin-w

‘One is for regular forum-use, and the other is for writing texts where people can comment and start discussions. So it’s two different features but for all members.’

sorry you have now completely lost me – I do not understand the difference between ‘regular use’ and ‘can comment and start discussions’ – forums are where you start discussions and comment !

I am trying to help you, but perhaps you could start from scratch and articulate exactly what you are trying to achieve.

primarypanda
    Participant

@primarypanda

Hahah yeah I’m sorry! It got a little blurry there.. Lets try again πŸ˜‰

So, I want to have two pages with individual forum-roots on both pages. The same people and type of user will be using both pages, so I can’t divide users into two groups. But the forums themselves must not interact with each other (search-results not affecting each other) since they will be used for two different purposes.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, not possible without bespoke development work

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar