multiple bbPress instances sharing the same set of tables
I want to create one bbPress forum using 2 different languages. Without using any plugin I think I can achieve this by these steps:
(1) Prepare the directories <WebRoot>/bbpress/US and <WebRoot>/bbpress/FR
(2) put the files in the US directory first.
(3) Start the installation using http://localhost/bbpress/US
(4) All tables are installed as usual. Forum can operate in full
(5) copy all the files under /US directory to /FR directory
(6) change the /FR/bb-config.php
define(‘BB_LANG’, ”); to become define(‘BB_LANG’, ‘fr’);
(7) clone the database table bb_topicmeta to bb_topicmeta2
( change the uri value in bb_topicmeta2 to http://localhost/bbpress/FR
(9) change the table name reference for table bb_topicmeta to bb_topicmeta2 under /FR
Okay…I’m looking up and down and still unable to do step (9). I cna only figure out the table names are defined in file /bb-includes/db.php. I made the change
var $tables = array( ….’topicmeta’…) to var $tables = array( ….’topicmeta2’…)
but it did not really change the table name reference.
So all bbPress guru…is my approach incorrect or I actually go the wrong way ? Any help is welcome. Thanks !!!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.