Categories
Search
Bottom

Moving forums from one installation to another

• pelmoggian
    Participant

@pelmoggian

Hi!

I have a straightforward question – how do I move the existing bbpress data (Forums, Topics, Replies) from one WordPress installation to another?

I see there is an ‘Export’ and ‘Import’ function in WordPress, where Forums, Topics and Replies can each be exported separately.

But – would importing them into a functioning website overwrite existing pages and posts?

Or is there something I am just missing in this whole process, and it is really just super easy, barely an inconvenience?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• pelmoggian
    Participant

@pelmoggian

Just to add some information – running the latest version of BBPress.

Robin W

@robin-w

It’s not something I’ve tried so no idea how hard it might be.

There is a lot to tie up, replies need to link to topics, which need to link to forums, and all need to link to users. Since the export takes these individually, I am struggling to see how that might work.

so my gut feel is that it is not at all easy 🙂

pelmoggian
    Participant

@pelmoggian

Yep – I certainly agree, although it is possibly a common occurrence – surely folks are not suffering through a painfull process? 🙁

Robin W

@robin-w

just looked back, and it is not something that has been asked for more than a couple of times.

It is a problem that needs solving, but I’m just a helper here, and beyond free help to do the work required to create a method.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar