Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Moving Breadcrumbs

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

looking at that suggestion, not sure what 1 & 2 are trying to do – not a section I wrote !

so to move them out of bbpress, then yes, use css and do this

div.bbp-breadcrumb {
     display: none; /*this will hide all breadcrumbs*/
     }

put this in your theme’s custom css file.

The other part will be theme dependant – are you creating a theme or using an existing one?

andyinspired
    Participant

@andyinspired

I’m using the Astra theme (https://wpastra.com/), I’m comfortable writing CSS and editing PHP code. Just wasn’t sure if there was a filter I could use or whether I need to edit a template?.

Thanks.

Robin W

@robin-w

if you want the bbpress breadcrumb in the forums, then you would need to find out which theme template astra is using to display the forum page.

You would then use this template and rename to bbpress.php and add the breadcrumb back which is what I think the first link you quoted was trying to do.

This plugin will tell you which tempate is being used

What The File

and then (presuming you are using a child theme) you would copy that template (quite often page.php) and rename it bbpress.php.

you would then add

<div class="truebreadcrumbs"><?php bbp_breadcrumb(); ?></div>

in the appropriate place in that file

andyinspired
    Participant

@andyinspired

Thank you, works great, it was indeed page.php.

However, I’m trying to display the page title as well using:

<?php the_title(); ?><?php bbp_breadcrumb(); ?>

It works on all child pages but not on the homepage, I’ve also tried adding it to the index.php file but without success. I know the breadcrumbs won’t display there I just want the title there to keep it consistent with the rest of the site.

Any ideas?

andyinspired
    Participant

@andyinspired

Using that what the file plugin it seems the homepage is not using my child theme but /themes/astra/page.php

Not sure why?

andyinspired
    Participant

@andyinspired

Hmmm, also just noticed I’ve lost my sidebar now on all child pages. Not sure why as they are definitely enabled in the theme customizer.

EDIT: Nevermind for some reason they were displaying below the content, will need to adjust CSS

andyinspired
    Participant

@andyinspired

Nevermind I just copied and edited header.php instead and this works across all pages including homepage.

Thanks for your assistance.

Robin W

@robin-w

andy, great glad you are fixed – sorry was on anther task whilst you were keeping us updated on progress 🙂

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar