Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Moving bbpress from one WordPress Installation to another

• robahas
    Participant

@robahas

Hi – I’m trying to do something really simple: I just want to export bbpress from one WP installation and import it to another. I see instructions for just about everything else, but not for this. Now, you may say “just use the WP export/import tool”. Problem is, I don’t want the entire site, only the forum, exported from one site and imported to another site (each of which has its own unique content).

Using the WP export tool I have to create separate exports for each piece: forums, topics, replies. Unfortunately when these are imported in the target site, they don’t connect. So the forums are there and the topics are there, but the forums don’t think they have any topics.

Does anyone have experience with this? Kind of weird that I can import from every conceivable forum except BBpress.

Thanks!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

Once you have imported the forums, do a forum repair

Dashboard>tools>forums>repair forums.

This will join it all up again.

Only run one at a time, and I’d run each one to ensure it all links up again

Halo Diehard
    Participant

@halo-diehard

Did you get this to work? I’ve been wanting to do this for a loooooong time, and don’t know how/haven’t had time to try and figure out the coding myself. I got a phpBB3 forum imported on a local, now I need to get the local bbPress forum onto my live site, but with no bbPress option in the importer options I’m at a loss.

Check out how I achieved this here: https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/migrating-from-one-bbpress-installation-to-another/

I didn’t update further on the thread (because my replies were piling up as it was), but I was SUCCESSFUL in moving it to another LIVE server. In that thread I also list some plugins I used. The pinnacle plugin was indeed Pippin’s (that link is also on there). I didn’t even have to touch the database once, which was my primary fear moving into this project!

Please let me know if either of you have questions.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar