Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Modlook tag

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• _ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Yeah a bunch of users and posts are getting marked as spam.

This is an ongoing issue with akismet.

Chris and I have to clear the queue by hand every so often…

ok!

So should i mark the topic as modlook when I need to bring something in attention?

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Yes

I may tweak the akismet plugin myself if it is checking everyone. In theory you only need it checking anonymous/guests and new sign ups. Perhaps even with a setting to decide how many posts someone can make before they become trusted.

Checking long standing posters is not necessary in my opinion.

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Yes, I wrote the “Skip Akismet” plugin last year to do that.

https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/skip-akismet/

It’s cross compatible with bbPress and WordPress, however they refused to accept it into the WordPress plugin repository and told me to submit it to the core (which I didn’t bother if they are going to be like that).

Later I discovered the akismet plugin itself already has a “trusted user” filter via bb_is_trusted so my method is overly complicated, but my plugin could in theory be modified to trust users who have X number of posts or pass a certain minimum membership age.

This method however would be much cleaner:

add_filter( 'bb_is_trusted_user','more_trusted',10,2);
    function more_trusted($trusted,$user_id) {
    // bb_get_user here and determine if trusted, possibly cache result
    return $trusted; // boolean true/false
    }

Feel free to develop that, let me know if you need help.

hey thanks, I’ll get around to it at some point…

Looking at that might be worth saving the ‘trusted status’ in the user meta table – which I think would mean the data is already cached (well hopefully).

Probably only need 2 states – 1 for trusted, and 1 for never trust. If the value isn’t set then they haven’t been trusted.

then I’d just need to add a setting to the akismet admin page for number of posts to make. And a quick setting on the user admin page.

Should be doable.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar