Categories
Search
Bottom

Moderator’s Ability To Block Users

• rngeer
    Participant

@rngeer

Hello,

I manage a website with BBPress and BuddyPress. I am being told that Moderators are now unable to block users after the recent update. I don’t use it in the front end and wanted to see if anyone knew if there is a setting to allow this at all that may have changed.

Thank you,

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

‘the recent update’ – which update ? bbpress 2.6.9 was released over 2 months ago.

I haven’t seen any capability changes in the last few releases

and where exactly are they changing this to blocked?

rngeer
    Participant

@rngeer

It is all patched up, I just assumed the last update since they brought it to my attention. Are Moderators allowed to block other participants by default?

Robin W

@robin-w

not in native bbpress, hence why I was asking how they were doing this – might be a buddypreess thing, or code added.

rngeer
    Participant

@rngeer

Thank you Robin, it is a he said she said thing now. I didn’t think it was native to BBPress and just wanted to verify. I will dig deeper and see if there is a plugin that allowed it and go from there. Thanks for the response.

rngeer
    Participant

@rngeer

Thank you for the help Robin, after further discussion with the mods, they never had that ability and were confused that they did (which I thought was the case). Sorry to have bothered you guys.

Robin W

@robin-w

no problem 🙂 🙂

richard@geerservices.com
    Participant

@richardgeerservicescom

Interesting discovery. After digging around, I found that if a moderator created a forum topic, the block feature of the addon “bbPress – Moderation Tools” doesn’t show for anyone that posted in that forum topic.

If a Participant created the forum, a moderator can see the Block and other features of the plugin “bbPress – Moderation Tools”.

Just a little feedback on my older question.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar