Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Moderator for 1 Forum and only edit topics within this forum?

• quix8
    Participant

@quix8

Hello,

I use bbPress with LearnDash.
    For LearnDash I have so called “Group Leaders” which lead their own forum as moderators.

I noticed that you can add a moderator to a specific forum on the right side within a forum. I did that by adding the username. But what is the effect of this exactly?
    Somehow this user als sees Topics in the backend from all other forums. The moderator should only see topics from his forums, no?
    Could you give me a hint on how to configure or implement this?

Thank you very much.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• quix8
    Participant

@quix8

sooo, is it possible then maybe to just hide this functionality from the backend?

So to just hide the “Topics” menu.

quix8
    Participant

@quix8

I think I had a misunderstanding. My issue is actually easily solvable by not giving a group leader the role “moderator”, but by adding him as moderator on the right side in the forum details….I did not notice that you can also add normal users with the role “participant” as a moderator and then the topics post type disappear in the backend…

Robin W

@robin-w

great – so you are fixed – yes ?

quix8
    Participant

@quix8

Yes

Robin W

@robin-w

🙂

quix8
    Participant

@quix8

Just maybe a small suggestion:

Wouldn’t it make sense to show only these topics in the backend from forums where the user is actually set to moderator if the user has backend access because of other reasons?

Robin W

@robin-w

personal preference – some might want just front end, some backend, some both

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar