Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Mobile Uploads?

• I’ve heard of there being solutions for pictures (or videos, etc) being uploaded to WP from a mobile device. Is that an option on bbPress?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Not that I’m aware of. This will bump you back to the top though.

What are you looking to do with a mobile device? And what are you using to do the same thing on WordPress. You said you heard of something; do you actually use something?

I haven’t launched my site yet, but I know of some other blogs where they take a mobile picture, send it to an email address and it posts as a new post on their blogs.

So, I was wondering if I could do it on bbPress as well and it would show as a new post. Any thoughts or ideas?

Could I have something on the WP side and then have that blog post start a new post on the bbPress side? Maybe that’s a work around?

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

In 1.0 you could use xmlrpc to do that and convert a plugin from WordPress if such a creature exists.

Your best bet is to use a service that is optimized for mobile, maybe like flickr and then use a plugin to post it elsewhere.

ck, so maybe use a service like flickr and have them display in the sidebar or something? That might be an option it seems.

I’m brand new (as you know) to the bbPress side and don’t have any coding experience. So, I’ll have to hope that someone comes up with a plugin down the line for flickr (although I’ll go check in case there’s one already out there) or a similar service.

How do I get to the sidebar? Meaning, which file do I edit to add the code for that flickr embed file?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar