Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Mixed languages

• epavel
    Participant

@epavel

Hello, I just installed bbPress into our WP site that is running BuddyPress with a Woffice theme for intranet and I have a problem with language localization.

The site language and other settings are set to the Czech language. The bbPress seems to be confused and some things are translated, but some things are still displayed in English. I checked the language file with translations and I can clearly see, that the strings that are shown in English ARE actually translated to Czech.

1/ View on the front end. As you can see, something is in Czech, something in English
    Mixed languages
    screen here > http://folpc.cz/screen11.jpg

2/ For example, the String “CREATE NEW TOPIC IN…” is translated in bbpress-cs_CZ.po like this, which is correct but unfortunately, it is not shown
    English > Create New Topic in “%s”
    Czech > Vytvořit nové téma ve fóru „%s“

Any suggestions on what to check? Thanks!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

it could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users

Health Check & Troubleshooting

Then come back

epavel
    Participant

@epavel

Hi Robin, thanks for the answer. Switching to a default theme (TwentyTwenty) did the trick and the translations works. Is there anything you can recommend me to do or I should reach to the Woffice support?

Robin W

@robin-w

reach out to their support, I have no access to that theme to see what it is doing

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar