Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Missing Users after Integration

• I’m trying to integrate WordPress 2.7.1 with bbPress 1.0 rc1

I have few of issues going on

1) Logged in as Admin in WordPress, but bbpress doesn’t recognize it. I have to login in again into bbPress.

2) If I log out from bbPress, it logs me out in wordpress too.

3) If I logout from wordpress, it doesn’t log me out in bbpress

4) After integration, users data from bbpress is not shared i.e. only Admin is listed under the bbPress Admin > users. There are 231 registered users in bb_users table.

5) Since users are missing, all the existing posts by the users are displayed as Anonymous

Root cause for all the above – I tried to integrate 0.9.0.4 with 2.7.1 and later realized that its not straight forward process.

I’m trying to get the forum backup and running, atleast map the existing users to their posts.

Thanks for your help.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Don’t you have a backup? Things are definately possible to resolve here but it would be simpler if you can restore backup and then integrate them. I havn’t tried integrating WP 2.7.1 with bbPRess rc 1 as it makes no sense to me doing that on a live site. WP 2.8 and bbPress 1 will have integration features that will work out of the box.

Consider integrating the stable releases of both WP & bbPress only. I have written a tutorial on this on my blog : http://blog.ashfame.com/2009/05/integrate-bbpress-forum-wordpress-setup/. Let me know if you need more help.

Don’t you have a backup? Things are definately possible to resolve here but it would be simpler if you can restore backup and then integrate them. I havn’t tried integrating WP 2.7.1 with bbPRess rc 1 as it makes no sense to me doing that on a live site. WP 2.8 and bbPress 1 will have integration features that will work out of the box.

Consider integrating the stable releases of both WP & bbPress only. I have written a tutorial on this on my blog : http://blog.ashfame.com/2009/05/integrate-bbpress-forum-wordpress-setup/. Let me know if you need more help.

I have the sames issue using the most up to date versions of both BB and WP.

Anyone know what’s going on?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar