Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Missing form field ‘user database password’ during installation (follow-up)

• // I tried posting this to my original thread “Missing form field ‘user database password’ during installation” but your system said the topic had been closed (?). Nor could I edit my original posting//

Further…after I tried to proceed, it showed an error (that it could not connect to the database…which you’d expect given that it didn’t have the password). However, after going back to the step 2 page, it showed a condensed version of the page, with tick marks in the various check boxes – the only way to see the data I had entered before was to untick each box and then put the tick back into each.

~Andrew~

Original posting from other thread:

Hi,

I am installing the RC of bbpress and got to near the bottom of step 2, where I need to enter the wordpress database information (it is in a separate database). There is no field on the form to fill in the ‘User database password’ (under the ‘Separate user database settings’ banner).

~Andrew~

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Andrew, for some reason all your posts were flagged as spam. If there are any more, please post here because there is lots of spam to go through and maybe one was overlooked.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

From your other posts though, it appears that you already resolved this problem?

Roger Coathup
    Participant

@rogercoathup

I’m also experiencing this problem with the missing password field… is there a fix / workaround?

Roger Coathup
    Participant

@rogercoathup

Ok, I’ve implemented a quick / dirty fix:

In bbpress/bp-admin/install.php, change line 196 from:

$bb_install->input_text(‘user_bbdb_password’, ‘password’);

to

$bb_install->input_text(‘user_bbdb_password’);

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar