Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

migrating bbpress to wordpress – want forum only

• Hi,

I seem to have successfully migrated my bbpress database (1.1) into the latest (2.11) wordpress plugin version. The problem is I dont want the wordpress “site” at all – just the forum (as it used to be in its standalone version – accessed via a link from my main site menu).

In addition I can only access the forum at present via the dashboard and ‘view’. It does not appear as a menu command on the wordpress “site” or anywhere else on that page. How does one find the forums at all on that “home” page?

What I am trying to do is recreate what I had before (with custom template too) under this new setup. I would not have moved to Wpress but was forced to as the bbpress 1 forum is getting chinese spammers every day and the registration approval plugin doesnt work at all.

I hope this is clear enough for some good help/advice! I cannot find any good simple steps to convert the one into the other. Do I have to base my entire site on WordPress now (will have to junk wpress if I am forced to do that!) or can I recreate what I had before when bbpress was a standalone forum?

Thanks

Patrick

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• Anonymous User 5853594
    Inactive

@anonymized-5853594

You could create a page and use the shortcodes to display the forum there. You can then set the page as home, instead of the blog (under Settings > Reading).

From there you’ve got the forum index on the frontpage. You could create other pages to handle registration and other account related things.

You’ll want to read through https://codex.bbpress.org/shortcodes/ for the shortcodes.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar