Search
Bottom

Migrated from localhost and cant post replies or topics

• p13t3rm
    Participant

@p13t3rm

Wordpress Version – 3.9.1
    bbPress Version – 2.5.4-5380

Hey everyone, I’ve been working on a project over the last month that was working perfectly on my local Mamp server. When I migrated the site to my clients server for testing I was disappointed to find that neither topic creation or reply posting was working.
    I’ve disabled all plugins except bbPress (even though they all worked on my server), reset permalinks and I know the theme I created wasn’t a problem because it worked perfectly in dev.

I’m a little stressed at this point as this week was supposed to be for testing and final rollout and that’s all come to a screeching halt without this basic functionality.
    Would really appreciate any help I can get with this.

Thanks a lot!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

When I migrated the site to my clients server for testing I was disappointed to find that neither topic creation or reply posting was working.

when you say not working, exactly what do you mean, the ability to reply doesn’t appear? or it appears but doesn’t work?

I suggest that you also positively eliminate the theme as a contender and as a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwelve, and see if this fixes.

p13t3rm
    Participant

@p13t3rm

Thanks for the response Robin!
    As far as not being able to post,
    I can see the topic and reply forms at the bottom of each page but when filling in and submitting, the page just refreshes with the text still in the form

So I didn’t try that due to the fact that I had removed all other themes, but after switching to a redownloaded TwentyFourteen theme, I was able to once again post.

I’m using a theme I built using Bones Boilerplate, any idea why this would work on my local server instance and not on the live server?

p13t3rm
    Participant

@p13t3rm

Doh, after just thinking a few things through I realized that I added this in my functions file:

add_filter( ‘bbp_verify_nonce_request_url’, ‘my_bbp_verify_nonce_request_url’, 999, 1 );
    function my_bbp_verify_nonce_request_url( $requested_url )
    {
    return ‘http://192.168.1.108:8888’ . $_SERVER[‘REQUEST_URI’];
    }

Should this just be removed or should I set it to the server’s ip?

Thanks.

I’d suggest removing it, you shouldn’t need this.
    (Presuming you were only using this to so your had port 8888 for MAMP?)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar