Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Migrate / Import Kunena to bbPress tool

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• cberry
    Participant

@cberry

To add to this.

Old Kunena forums ver. Kunena 2.0.4 (MYSQL 5.0 – Hosted by GoDaddy)

Below is the error we get when running the import tool that is provided in WordPress/bbPress.

Repair any missing information: Continue

WordPress database error: [Unknown character set: ‘utf8mb4’]
    SELECT convert(kunena_topics.id USING “utf8mb4”) AS id,convert(kunena_topics.posts USING “utf8mb4”) AS posts,convert(kunena_topics.category_id USING “utf8mb4”) AS category_id,convert(kunena_topics.first_post_userid USING “utf8mb4”) AS first_post_userid,convert(kunena_messages.ip USING “utf8mb4”) AS ip,convert(kunena_topics.first_post_message USING “utf8mb4”) AS first_post_message,convert(kunena_topics.subject USING “utf8mb4”) AS subject,convert(kunena_topics.first_post_time USING “utf8mb4”) AS first_post_time,convert(kunena_topics.last_post_time USING “utf8mb4”) AS last_post_time,convert(kunena_topics.locked USING “utf8mb4”) AS locked FROM jos_kunena_topics AS kunena_topics LEFT JOIN jos_kunena_messages AS kunena_messages USING (id) LIMIT 0, 100

No topics to convert
    No forum parents to convert
    Starting Conversion

cberry
    Participant

@cberry

We resolved this. The simple solution was to go into GoDaddy (I know.. I know..) and create a new DB that I called ForumDBTest. Then I backed up the old database that had the old Kunena ver 2. Then restore that to the ForumDBTest which was on a higher MYSQL version equal to the one we built on the new site. Then I imported from ForumDBTest to the database we built. Worked like a charm! Everything came over.

Robin W

@robin-w

Great – glad you are fixed, and thank you also for posting back how you resolved – that will help others coming to this topic in future

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar