Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Migrate existing Microsoft Dynamics 365 forum to bbPress?

• codej
    Participant

@codej

Hi,

So my client says that their site currently runs on Microsoft Dynamics 365. We are currently in process of designing a WordPress site for them. They would like their forum/message board to be redesigned and to use another forum software instead (like bbPress, for example). I am by no means familiar with the inner workings of Microsoft Dynamics or bbPress and haven’t had the chance to poke around in the client’s current website (we are not at this stage yet).

Does anyone know how I can export all of the current posts and users from Microsoft Dynamics to the new forum software like bbPress? I assume there is a file I need?

If I sound like I have no clue what I’m doing, then it’s because I really don’t right now. This is new territory for me. I apologize.

Thank you!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

There is not a specific importer for Microsoft dynamics 365, but importing from a sql database is possible if you know where the data is stored.

If you download bbpress, you can find an example importer in

includes/admin/convertors/example.php

if you can map where the data is in the source, then this can be tailored to import

As a Microsoft Partner for 20+ years (which I am now no longer) I could never get my hands on any Great Plains or Dynamics, or Dynamics 365 products 🙁

That said, as Robin pointed out it should be possible, you’d have to get the database out of MSSQL and into MySQL and there are converters for that online.

janekkowalski
    Participant

@janekkowalski

I have a question about D365. We have decided to implement this system in the following year and just started to look for good consulting company to help with that process. How would you judge this offer dynamics 365 ? There are only a few good options to consider in our ‘neighbourhood’.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar