Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Meta Boxes

• I am running bbPress 2.0.2 as a plugin on a WordPress 3.3.1 site. I have one forum. It all works great.

I have a plug for WordPress that I created that adds certain meta boxes to blog posts. My plugin uses add_meta_box hook to accomplish this. The theme handles formatting the information at the end of the blog post.

I would like to do the same for bbPress forums on the same site. The plugin doesn’t accomplish it. I would like to be able to add meta boxes on the New Topic form for the bbPress forum, preferably after the Topic Description box but would settle for at the end of the form.

Ideally, I would like to just modify my plugin so that it works for blog and forums on the same site.

Do you think it can be done?

In case there are other alternatives than this approach, my goal is that for certain forums, I want users to supply certain information for each new topic. I would prefer to add form controls to the new topic form that would be required to complete the new topic.

For example, I will have a forum where members can post information about upcoming events. I want them to be required to include in the new topic a date, time, location, etc. I would like to not leave it to them to remember to put these essential bits of information in. I want to make it so that if they forget, their topic will be rejected until they supply that information.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar