Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

@mentions

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

mddsharp
    Participant

@mddsharp

Hi Robin,
    Yes, I installed this plugin, went to an existing Forum and Topic and attempted @nickname AND @Real Name but nothing happened. Is it possible something in core the past 3 years broke this plugin?

Robin W

@robin-w

maybe, I’m tied up in paid work at the moment, so can’t really find time to take a look at the code

webcreations907
    Participant

@webcreations907

I tried out this plugin a bit ago locally and seemed to work, my email did go into the spam/trash folder; but that could have been because I was testing locally.

Check your trash/spam folder and see if the mention replies are ending up in there.

mddsharp
    Participant

@mddsharp

So this plugin is JUST for emails?

I am trying to get it so when I type @web it will autofill to @webcreations907 and hyperlink and then notify you. Like a Twitter @mention.

webcreations907
    Participant

@webcreations907

Oh sorry, no it doesn’t do that, it just emails the user you mention.

This one https://wordpress.org/plugins/comment-mention/, seems to show the mentions block you’re wanting, but looks like it would need to be changed to work in the bbPress comment editor.

schossie
    Participant

@schossie

For me the plugin works and I am receiving notification emails, except that the text has weird elements –> \"
    ————
    Admin has just mentioned you on their reply \"Reply To: test\":

\"@sandra

this is a tagging test\"
    ——————-

It would be so useful to get @mentions outside of buddypress

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar