Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

@mentions not working

• poetic824
    Participant

@poetic824

Hey there, I am relatively new to bbpress – what I am trying to achieve is that people can tag each other in forum topics and replys. I can @mention someone alright but its not showing me the list of users from a dropdown when I enter “@”. This may be a bit unspecific, but I am using the latest WP, BBPress and BuddyPress. Theme is GeneratePress. Its not working either in TinyMCE nor Texteditor.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• timsilva_
    Participant

@timsilva_

The @mention feature must be turned on in BuddyPress first. Go into the the BuddyPress Settings in WP Admin, and make sure that “Activity Streams” is checked. Mentions only popup after you begin to type at least one letter. So “@a” will bring up “@alex”, “@amy”, etc… Just typing “@” by itself shouldn’t trigger the suggestions popup. If you are doing all of this correctly, there might be something else causing it to not work.

majordoit
    Participant

@majordoit

I have tried the above but the mentions only work in the text tab, not in the Visual tab?

pjbarry21
    Participant

@pjbarry21

We also see inconsistencies in this functionality throughout the site. Any suggestions?

Robin W

@robin-w

We also see inconsistencies in this functionality throughout the site. Any suggestions?

not unless you can give me something to work on like ‘it works on this but not on that’

pjbarry21
    Participant

@pjbarry21

Does not autopopulate/work in forum discussions using the visual editor, although cutting and pasting or typing handles changes them into links upon saving — most of the time. Sometimes we have to go back in and edit/remove spaces around the entry for it to show up.

To try to get a little more functionality on a test site, I’ve added code from here: https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/mentions-not-becoming-links-some-times/ — but this only works in the text editor and not in the visual editor.

It does autopopulate in activity feeds and does work in resources (bpdocs).

Robin W

@robin-w

@pjbarry21 – thanks for that.

Having looked at the link (https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/mentions-not-becoming-links-some-times/ ) you gave, and that both @elhardoum and @netweb – I’m not going to better their responses.

I’m not sure if 2.6 helps – the trac ticket is marked as closed, but the milestone is 2.6

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar