Categories
Search
Bottom

@mention functionality on forums

• Harsh
    Participant

@harshsoni_w3

Hi,

I am facing issue with @mentions on my website. I want the @mentions to be active sitewide and currently I see they are only active on Activity page. I want it to be active on my group forums and questions pages. I am using CM answers for questions. Is it possible or Is there any other way I can achieve it.

Thanks in advance!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

so you are not using bbpress ?

Harsh
    Participant

@harshsoni_w3

I am using bbpress too and the group forums don’t show @mention users highlighted or any notifications to tagged user.

Robin W

@robin-w

defiance12
    Participant

@defiance12

@robin-w would you happen to know the custom field used for the @mentions email notification setting in users profile?

Robin W

@robin-w

if you mean the bits in dashboard>settings>bbp mentions they are in the options table under ‘bmen_settings’

so

get_option('bmen_settings', null)

defiance12
    Participant

@defiance12

/** add field to bbp edit **/
        public function peditField()
        {
            $opt = $this->settings();
    		?>
    			<div>
    				<label for=""><?php echo apply_filters('bmen_pedit_field_header', __('Email notifications', $this->text_domain)); ?></label>	
    				<label>
    					<input type="checkbox" name="bmen_notify" style="width: auto;" <?php checked( $this->canNotify( bbp_get_displayed_user_field('ID') ) ); ?> /> <?php echo $opt['label']; ?>
    				</label>
    			</div>
    		<?php

Think the custom field for the checkbox for email notifications for @mentions is bmen_notify

Robin W

@robin-w

sorry, not sure I understand the above post – are you answering your own question, or asking another or what?

defiance12
    Participant

@defiance12

ok the field in the user’s profile, the checkbox to turn email notifications on/off. I believe it is bmen_notify.

Here is some info about what I mean https://wpforms.com/docs/how-to-set-up-custom-user-meta-fields/

Robin W

@robin-w

the setting is ‘bmen_mute’ and if present then email not sent. If absent, then email sent

so

$do_not_send = get_user_meta ($user_id, 'bmen_mute' , true) ;
    if (empty ($do_not_send)) {
    //then send
    }
    else {
    //do not send
    }
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar