Categories
Search
Bottom

Member’s ID issue after conversion

• fontadoni
    Participant

@fontadoni

Hello there.

I recently converted my phpbb 2.x forum to bbpress. I did this successfully with the provided script by iteisa.com (phpBB2bbpress). I was lucky that I had not upgraded to phpbb 3, so I followed the instructions carefully as I read lots of people having issues with the conversion while using higher versions of phpbb. I first installed bbpress 0.7, I ran the script, and when the database conversion was done sucesfully, I upgraded to bbpress: 0.9.0.2. This was a couple of days ago and I’m very happy with the results.

Now, for my actual question. I had a pretty small board with about 100 members and as I mentioned, the conversion was pretty successful, the only weird thing I’m noticing is that ID numbers for new members are way off. Let me give you an example. One of the last members to register before the conversion has an ID number of 107 (or profile.php?id=107). New members are now getting very high ID numbers, the last member that registered has an ID number of 1000000003 (profile.php?id=1000000003).

Is this something I should worry about? Can you guys give me a few pointers on how I could change this in the database? I would like to fix it.

Sorry for the long post and I thank you in advance for your time!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• fontadoni
    Participant

@fontadoni

I know you guys do not support the script I used for converting my board to bbpress, but I just want to know if this ID issue is something I should worry about or if it’s not a big deal?

Thanks.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Well, you’d have to go poking around with phpMyAdmin, and change the users table and the usermeta table to match. This will prove difficult because the information is serialized in such a way as to make it difficult to read with the naked eye.

Will it cause a problem? In my OCD opinion, anything that isn’t meant to be that way can pose a problem later. How many users are affected by this issue? Can you delete them, reset the last ID in that table using phpMyAdmin, and ask them to re-register?

fontadoni
    Participant

@fontadoni

Thanks for your response man. There are only three users as of now affected by this issue. I would have no problem deleting them and resetting the ID as you mentioned. Is this a simple thing to do, how do I do it?

I know how to access phpMyAdmin, and I can see the ID table:

Field: ID

Type: bigint(20)

Attributes: Unsigned

Null: No

Extra: auto_increment

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Depending on what version of phpMyAdmin you’re host is running, I find this ability currently under…

“Operations > Table Options > auto_increment”

There you can change that value back down to what it should be and cross your fingers! :)

fontadoni
    Participant

@fontadoni

Oh man, I wish everything in life was this simple. It worked perfectly. I was able to change the value back down to what it should be, no problems whatsoever. I did some testing too and everything seems to be working ok.

Thanks john!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar