Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Members default settings

• ajack.ni

@ajackni

I recently installed bbpress and then Members so I could restrict some content only to people who have signed in.

What doesn’t make sense to me is that I have a forum that is locked to certain user roles. But if a member posts a topic in that forum, the topic is public and I have to manually restrict its access.

Same thing with a reply. The forum is restricted – the topic has been manually restricted but the reply to that topic is public.

I looked in settings and didn’t see anywhere to change the default settings so that everything is restricted unless I open it to the public (which would be the easy fix for this).

Is there anyway to a) make everything restricted by default or b) make the settings on a topic and reply match the forum it’s in?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• ajack.ni

@ajackni

Correction: Even after I’ve restricted both the topic and reply they are still publicly visible.

AND when I am logged out and click on a topic that is supposed to be restricted – when I go back to the forum page it acts as if I’m logged in and I’m able to see all content.

Clearly something is wrong but I have no idea what or where. help?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar