Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Members can't post on forum.

• Rachel Biel
    Participant

@rayela

Help! I’ve been at this for hours and am going out of my mind…

I have the latest of everything, bbpress, buddypress and have deactivated all plugins except for buddypress, bbpress, members and akismet. I actually even deleted and reinstalled buddypress, bbpress and members. I deactivated my theme and am using the default buddypress one.

The site is visually a mess: http://www.tafaforum.com/

I am the only one who can post on the forums. Everything was fine until yesterday when several plugins updated, including bbpress. I had also been mucking around with trying to get a tinymce plugin to work for the forums.

If I disable everything and just have bbpress, I can post (as a fake member). Add buddypress, and I get a “You cannot reply to this topic” message at the bottom.

I messed around with roles and have enabled everything possible that could contribute to this, but the one thing that I notice is that the members all have an author role for their wordpress roles (as I want them to post on our blog), and even though they all show participant for their forum roles on the Users Page, when I go into the settings for the roles, I only see the author role as having any users, not the participant one.

Yes, this could be a buddypress or members issue, but bbpress is the one that had the latest update, so I figure that the problem starts here. If not, please send me where I need to go….

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• Rachel Biel
    Participant

@rayela

I’m bumping this up in the hopes that someone will take a look. Our members haven’t been able to use the forum for a week now and I’m stumped as to what to do…

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar