Categories
Search
Bottom

Marking forum topics as spam in bulk

• Alex Luft
    Participant

@alexluft16

Hi folks,

Our forum is getting spammed by bots pretty bad, to the tune of 200-300 new spam topics per day. It’s a battle to clean it every hour.

We have Akismet enabled and it’s picking up some of the spam topics on the bbPress forum. I feel like if I mark more of the spam topics as spam, Akismet will do a better job. But here’s the catch.

The bbPress moderation page doesn’t give me the ability to mark topics as spam in bulk. I can only mark new topics as spam one-by-one, which makes moderation extremely more tedious and time-consuming.

Is there a way to mark topics as spam in bulk (selecting multiple topics, and using the moderation drop-down)? I currently my only options in the drop-down are “Move to Trash” and “Edit”. I can mark bulk spam comments on our WordPress blog as spam, but not with bbPress.

bbPress Version: 2.5.8
    WordPress Version: 4.4

Thanks so much for any and all help!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Alex Luft
    Participant

@alexluft16

Wow, looks like Automattic has really let bbPress become a stagnant piece of software and community. Perhaps it’s time to look for another forum.

UFGrayMatter
    Participant

@ufgraymatter

Just ran into the same issue with 1000+ topics in the last three days. No good bot registration stopper. No easy way to bulk mark spam. No easy way to delete all topics from one user. Why?!?

JoshLovesIt
    Participant

@joshlovesit

I’m having the same problem…can’t find an answer.

jemar707
    Participant

@jemar707

Managing replies and topics in a large open forum has become a nightmare. I have searched high and low for a way to manage posts by IP/user, name, and of course the marking bulk spam as you mentioned. Mass edit/delete is not teaching anything to Akismet. I am using CleanTalk to manage spam registrations which seems to help with spam. But managing posts that get through filters requires tools like the Comment Dashboard for WordPress. I am going to look for someone to write a plugin. Perhaps the Comment Moderation plugin Developer could help us.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar