Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Making bbPress functions available for WordPress?

• Vili
    Participant

@vilimaunula

How would I make bbPress functions available for a WordPress template file?

Specifically, I’m building some custom RSS feeds, one of which lists the latest topics posted on the website, but with some modifications. While I can pull the latest topics with a query_posts() call using (‘post_type’ => ‘topic’) and parse them with a standard post loop, I can’t figure out how to access tags related to each topic. I assume that bb_get_topic_tags() should get me the tags but the function is not available for the RSS file template which is in my WordPress template directory. I have basically been using this method for custom RSS feeds.

Since a function_exists() call for bb_get_topic_tags() returns false, I assume that I should first prime or load the bbPress plugin somehow. But how? Or am I approaching this completely wrong? I suppose I could always do a direct SQL query but I would like to avoid that if possible.

I have tried searching here and elsewhere but keep drawing blanks. The closest I could get to is this topic but it doesn’t really give an answer, or at least not one that I can understand.

I’m running the latest public bbPress and WordPress versions.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

there is no function bb_get_topic_tags()

but there is

bbp_get_topic_tag_names

is that what you want ?

Vili
    Participant

@vilimaunula

That is indeed it, thanks! So I was barking the wrong tree, nothing wrong with WordPress being able to access bbPress.

Where should one look for bbPress function documentation these days? I notice that I have difficulties finding information, and when I do find something, figuring out if the functions are for bbPress 1, bbPress 2, or BuddyPress is sometimes difficult. There is some sort of a list here but bbp_get_topic_tag_names() is not included, among others.

Robin W

@robin-w

I’m just a humble user who helps out here. I did write quite a bit of the documentation, but not functions. A list would be very large nowadays, and quite hard to describe.

suggest you post any q’s here, and I’ll try and find them for you

Vili
    Participant

@vilimaunula

Ok, thanks again! Much appreciated.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar