Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Make topic only visible to author and mod.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

all topics in that forum, or just some within that forum?

mlocke90
    Participant

@mlocke90

All topics inside a single forum would be fine.

My forum structure is currently –

Public Forums – (Category)
    -> News
    -> General
    -> Applications (topics in this forum should be author / mod only)

Robin W

@robin-w

if you change your forum to hidden, then only moderators and keymasters can see it.

But I sense you need more than that, can you tell us a bit more about what you are trying to achieve?

mlocke90
    Participant

@mlocke90

I would like users to be able to create a topic inside the applications forum, once the topic is published only the user who made it and admins can view it.

After some more searching I’ve found;
    http://codecanyon.net/item/bbpress-private-content-wordpress-plugin/6390878

This is essentially what I would like but to do, but would have it auto enabled inside the applications forum.

mlocke90
    Participant

@mlocke90

I’ve been looking through code and settings for a few hours now.

I actually found that I can manually set topics to private by editing their visibility in the dashboard. This provides the exact functionality I need, other than it being manual. Is there anyway to let users set their topics as private when they publish them? Or automatically set topics in a certain forum to private?

Robin W

@robin-w

If the forum is private the topics are to, but as an option for users on particular topics, no immediate solution I can think of.

With coding …….of course !

Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

@netweb

There are a couple of weird things happen with bbPress and setting them to ‘private’ from the backend, we just haven’t tested it thoroughly enough.

There is a ticket on Trac somewhere, can’t find it at the moment though 🙁 https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org

There is also a plugin that gives each user their own forum that no other users can see, I am not sure if moderators have access to this forum or just the user and the keymaster.

The name of that plugin? I have no idea, I can’t remember the name of it, what I do remember is that this feature has nothing to do with the name of the plugin nor is the feature even included in the description. It is an idea not fully implemented and approx 75% of the code is just sitting in the background doing nothing. So if I remember what it is I’ll come back and update this. 😉

dbroman
    Participant

@dbroman

This original request is exactly what I need, anyone know if there is any pluggin that would make forum topics only visible to the author or original poster and moderators? I am trying to create kind of a unique spin on a forum where users can create their own topics and add replies to those topics, kind of like a personal journal that only they can see, but in the format of a forum. Thanks

Robin W

@robin-w

Try

https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbp-private-groups/

which I pretty much wrote following this and other requests for that sort of functionality

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar