Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Make Author section wider

• AdventureRidingNZ
    Participant

@adventureridingnz

The Author section seems to have a width of 115px and I’d like to widen that. I’ve tried using the below code which I pulled from a the inspect bar in Chrome and pasted into my child themes styles.css but it doesn’t work.

Can anybody help?

EddieB’s BMW R100GS

/* Make Forums author section wider */
    #bbpress-forums div.bbp-forum-author, #bbpress-forums div.bbp-reply-author, #bbpress-forums div.bbp-topic-author {
        width: 140px !important;
    }
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

the code is correct, but you have lots of style sheets, and I cannot see it in any.

I’m presuming it is called ‘style.css’ and if it hasn’t, perhaps you can add

/*
    my child theme css
    */

or any distinctive text to the top of the style sheet, so I can see which one it is in the browser.

AdventureRidingNZ
    Participant

@adventureridingnz

Thanks Robin.

After your comment on my other issue I pasted this code into the custom css part of my child theme and it worked when placed in there.
    So I went back to my child theme and found a typo in an earlier entry which meant nothing after that was being picked up. Once that was fixed and the document version updated it picked up both these changes.

The child theme css is /themes/newsphere-child-theme/style.css?ver=1.0.2
    and I’ve put “my child theme css ATTN Robin W” in it to make it findable.

So my forum-Author column is now wider as I had wanted thank you, but the forum-content area has not reduced correspondingly meaning the author section overlaps the content section and I can’t see a specific width designation for the forum-content area to update.

#bbpress-forums div.bbp-forum-content, #bbpress-forums div.bbp-reply-content, #bbpress-forums div.bbp-topic-content {
        margin-left: 130px;
        padding: 12px 12px 12px 0;
        text-align: left;
        position: relative;
    }

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, I cannot see an overlap, try refreshing your browser

AdventureRidingNZ
    Participant

@adventureridingnz

It wasn’t so evident in that page but in others was obvious. I fixed it by updating the margin-left in the css I posted earlier.

I grabbed a plugin off your personal site and dropped you a few $ via paypal for your support.

Thanks

Eddie

Robin W

@robin-w

🙂 great glad you are fixed – and thanks for the donation !!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar