Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Main forums page – Freshness

• van24
    Participant

@van24

Hi, I’ve noticed a strange issue with the way the main Forums Archive page is displayed. Each forum has the forum name, along with TOPICS, POSTS, and FRESHNESS. I think the FRESHNESS field should display the date of the last reply or topic, but instead it only shows the date of the last topic.

This is an issue for us because the forum tends to have infrequent new topics, but quite long threads. So for example, the most recent new topic might be 6 days, but the most recent reply could be 30 minutes ago. In this example, the FRESHNESS field in the archive page is displaying 6 days, which is clearly wrong.

Is this by design or is it a problem with our install? If its by design, is there a way to tweak it to show the freshness of the most recent topic OR reply? Thanks in advance!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• van24
    Participant

@van24

Does anyone have any idea on this?

Robin W

@robin-w

I think the FRESHNESS field should display the date of the last reply or topic, but instead it only shows the date of the last topic.

This is what it should do (and does on my test site)

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwelve, and see if this fixes.

Jakobuz
    Participant

@jakobuz

Same problem here .. . all plugins except bbpress deactivated didn’t work out, also switching to twenty-twelve/twenty-fifteen didn’t work out …

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar