Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Main Forum page has no formatting

• ddevries
    Participant

@ddevries

I just installed bbPress 2.5.12 on WordPress 4.7.2. I created a test forum with one topic. I haven’t changed any of the default settings. When I load the forum page, I get this:

Forums
    by (Edit)
    Search for: Home › Forums Forum Topics Posts Freshness Cardstock 1 1 1 hour, 55 minutes ago Cheryl

It looks just like a bunch of text with no formatting. Here’s the link: http://livelovecards.com/forums/

I haven’t tried disabling plugins because I have a lot of them and my site is subscription, so I don’t want to disrupt service. I’m hoping this is an obvious problem to someone out there.

Thanks so much for your help!
    Darlene

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

I suspect it is a theme issue, it seems to be rendering as a paragraph.

what method in item 3 below are you using

Step by step guide to setting up a bbPress forum – Part 1

ddevries
    Participant

@ddevries

I was using method 1 with postname. My forum root is called “forums” in settings. When that didn’t work, I tried #2 by putting a shortcode in. Still didn’t work.

I noticed last night that the individual forums show fine when I go directly to them:
    http://livelovecards.com/forums/forum/cardstock/
    It’s not pretty, but at least it’s formatting.

So I guess it’s just the list of forums that isn’t showing correctly. Is there something different about this page?

Thanks for your help, Robin. I appreciate it more than you know. 🙂

Darlene

Robin W

@robin-w

no problem

that does make me more suspicious that it is a theme issue.

just as a test can you try switching to say twenty sixteen and see if that fixes

by the way you can style forums using my style pack plugin, which will make them much more pretty

https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbp-style-pack/

ddevries
    Participant

@ddevries

Thank you for that style-pack – it looks great. I used the test drive plugin to test twentysixteen, and yes, the main forum page works. So, now that I know it’s a theme problem, where would I start on figuring out the exact issue? Just some high level directional advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you again, Robin. 🙂

Darlene

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, you are using the foodie theme which is based on genesis, so suspect that you need

bbPress Genesis Extend

ddevries
    Participant

@ddevries

Robin, you’re awesome!! I installed that plugin and it’s working now! You have no idea how thankful I am. You rock.

Darlene

Robin W

@robin-w

Hey, pleased that you are fixed, and a ‘you rock’ has sure cheered me up !!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar