Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Main Forum Page and short codes

• netposer
    Participant

@netposer

The main forum page (created during the install process using Method 1 or Method 2 shows no forum info.

If I create a new topic (admin) and go directly there I can see the post, reply and see other forums

I created a forum called “t-forums” and added “For Sale” and “General” under that. Everything works just great except the parent (Forums).
    Home › Forums › t-forums › For Sale

So the parent (Forums) seems broke and doesn’t show the forum items on it’s page.

I’ve removed the plugin and added it back with the same results.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• netposer
    Participant

@netposer

I also noticed this in the cookie crumb from my theme

“You are here: Forums ∼ Forums ∼ Forums ∼ t-forums ∼ Everything”

Robin W

@robin-w

need a link to your site to help further

netposer
    Participant

@netposer

Sorry Robin W but it’s an intranet and can’t be accessed from outside our corporate network.

My guess is I’m going to have to completely remove bbpress and start over. …again

netposer
    Participant

@netposer

So I follow the exact steps and on the page I created with the same name as the slug I just get this
    No formatting and all on one line. “tdf” is the slug name and page name.

Search for: Home › Forums Forum Topics Posts Freshness tdf 1 1 2 minutes ago rbaker

netposer
    Participant

@netposer

Another thing…

If I click “Edit” on that page WP dumps me into the list of Posts and not in the page editor.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, you’re stating stuff that I’m finding hard to visualise/understand, and adding further info which again is not clear.

It’s not that you are not trying to explain, it’s just that as I can’t see your site, and issues with themes, plugins, and servers can be many and varied, there’s not a quick ‘do this’ answer.

de-installing and re-installing rarely fixes 🙂

So as I can’t see your site to start with lets eliminate theme and plugins

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwelve, and see if this fixes.

Come back with the results – If that finds a fault it doesn’t mean you can’t use that theme or that plugin, just that we know where the issue is.

If that doesn’t fix try

Dashboard>settings>permalinks and just click save – you don’t need to change anything – that just re-sets the links and sometimes fixes issues.

If not then also let us know your forums slug dashboard>settings>forums and look for the forums root slug.

Also let us know your permalink setting Dashboard>settings>permalinks

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar