Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Main content won’t center

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

What exactly are you trying to center? I see the layout is centered in the browser viewport now. What other items are you trying to center?

Can you take a screenshot and draw some arrows or lines showing where you want things moved? You can host it at photobucket or imageshack if you need to post a link to it.

jessica-lares

@jessica-lares

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

So, are you just trying to add some whitespace between the forum content and the images on the sides then?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

The problem is, you’ve given yourself 600px of space in between those side images, and you’ve used up all of it. You can do something like this to any of those tables that are now 600px wide. Change the width to 560px and then center it. That will give you 20px of whitespace on the left and right. You will need to do this for several tables that are 600px wide now.

width="560" style="margin: 0 auto;"

(inside the <table> tag)

This is a really bad way of doing it, but it gets the job done. Much better to do this with divs that have unique names, then define the style for those divs in style.css. But, just adding that style inline gets the job done. It’s just not the best way of doing it.

jessica-lares

@jessica-lares

Doesn’t seem to have worked.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

It worked when I did it.

http://www.chrishajer.com/bbpress/GregJames-560.png

BTW – I just gave it 20px of whitespace on the sides. This forum here has 40px of whitespace on either side of the content. I always thought this forum looked too narrow, so I didn’t add that much whitespace when I made yours 560px wide.

jessica-lares

@jessica-lares

Hmm, would you be willing to tweak with it if I gave you the username and password?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

If you contact me at an email listed on the website in my profile, I can do it on Monday. Or, just google my nickname – I’m not hard to find.

jessica-lares

@jessica-lares

Thanks SO much! I’ve sent you an e-mail, feel free to take your time.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar