Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Mails going to noreply@ address, don’t know why?

• manm0untain
    Participant

@manm0untain

Hi

I happened to check a mail account we are not using yet, when we moved servers. It turns out there are quite a few emails in that account. They are all forum activity alerts coming from BBPress on the site. These are the kind of mails being received:

UserX wrote:

Hello to all in the group!

Post Link: https://www.juicy.io/groups/venezuela/forum/topic/presentacion/#post-33662

-----------

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to a forum topic.

Login and visit the topic to unsubscribe from these emails.

It seems to be sending these alerts to a user. But there is no ‘to’ username on the emails. I have done several searches on our user database and there are no users with that email address.

I have done a full database search for that email address and come up with nothing.

I have looked absolutely everywhere I can think of within WP admin, for any instance of that address, and can find none. Unless it’s buried away in some obscure corner of a plugin, I am pretty sure I have looked everywhere relevant that I could think of.

I am downloading the entire site, to do a search on that string within the site files, as a last resort. I’m not optimistic.

Can anyone point me in the right direction about this?

Many thanks for your time.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• Mariette
    Participant

@mariettej

Hi

I have the same issue. Since November, emails have started being delivered to noreply@ (from noreply@) notifying a post on the forum. The email says “You are receiving this email because you subscribed to a forum topic.” but this is not the case.

Can anyone help please?

many thanks

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar